Monday, April 26, 2010

The Sun Shines today in the Texas Hill Country

For anyone who has spent a lot of his life in Texas, the Hill Country stands as one of the most beautiful areas, and one in which musicians, painters, sculptors, photographers, performers, and other artists of all types have congregated. I've been in Texas about 59 of my almost 71 years and made my second move to the Hill Country nearly 10 years ago. I write a lot of songs and get to play them and perform with some of the best people I've ever met. There is really nothing else quite like having a group of highly talented musicians back up your performance, and since much of my stuff requires backup singers a la 1950s R&B and a little MoTown, I get to have backups who normally don't play that stuff here in this country music Mecca. The joy that some of these folks get out of the Doo-wahs, ooh-whas, doobie-doobies, and dum-dum-dum-dums, etc. is in itself something to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment